--- How to Hire ---
Spinway Adelaide offers flexible bike hire to suit everyone, 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. Everyone is welcome to hire a Spinway bike.
Take a short ride and grab some light exercise, or enjoy a leisurely day, stopping for lunch and taking in the sights – we have three rental period choices available designed to suit your needs.
With no registration, passwords, deposit or ID required(or phone downloads), simply swipe your credit card, choose a rental period – and off you go!
1 hour / $11
4 hours / $22 (most popular)
24 hours / $33 (best value)
Step by Step Easy Bike Hire
- See the concierge or hotel reception for a free helmet and bike lock (remember it is Australian Law to wear a helmet at all times when riding a bike). Also lights if you so choose on a summer night.
- Press number 1 to begin. Insert your credit card into the Spinway terminal (in and out quickly do not stop) and choose a rental period. Hire a bike for 1 hour / 4 hours / 24 hours.
- Select any available bike number at the station followed by # key. Eg 24#
- A green light will start flashing over your chosen bike. It is now ready for you to take. Simply push the bike forward once with moderate force, listen for a loud click and then pull the bike back with a moderate force. If you don’t manage to pull the bike out in this time frame(or are unsuccessful), don’t worry! Simply swipe your card again and the bike will unlock for a further 120 seconds.(Note you will not be charged again if your attempts were unsuccessful)
- Enjoy your ride! Explore Adelaide and its beautiful surrounds.
- Return the bike to the same station you hired from and park it in any available bracket. Simply push the bike forward into the bracket until you hear a loud click. Pull back on the bike to ensure it is locked in place.
- Return your helmet and bike lock/lights to hotel reception.
Don’t worry if you go over your rental period. Bike hire is simply charged at $11 per hour for each extra hour.